Sunday, September 20, 2015

Sweet Temptation

California is beautiful. I wonder how long it will be before I'm tired of perpetual good weather and used to living in a place with palm trees. Anyway, you don't want to hear about that. You want to know whether or not Sweet Temptation, a companion novel to the Sweet Trilogy, is worth reading! This isn't a standalone. You can't read it if you haven't read the entire trilogy. It just won't make sense. But that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable to read!


22428712
Retrieved from Goodreads
I think this time around I'll skip the description. In a nutshell, this book is a compilation of big or sizzly scenes from the Sweet Trilogy, but this time from Kaidan's perspective. I enjoyed this book quite a bit! I don't read a lot of straight romance these days so this book was a fun trek into the more romance-focused side of this paranormal series, and since I've journeyed into the realms of editing romance and erotica, I don't mind when things get hotter than your typical YA romance. In fact, sometimes it can be quite fun. And a British accent (yeah, I know it's a book, but you can totally tell!) is always a slam dunk. Seeing things from Kaidan's point of view is certainly interesting. It adds depth to his sometimes too brooding, mysterious image from Sweet Evil, and then shows nice character development through Sweet Peril and Reckoning. Since the second book doesn't really have Kaidan in it until I think halfway through, seeing what happens to him in that time is very interesting. Oh, and the epilogue made me tear up. And, as usual, kudos to a book that can make me have that reaction. *Especially* if they're happy tears. I'll definitely take a look at new books of Higgins' as they come out.

Goodreads Rating: 4 Stars
Up Next: City of Heavenly Fire

No comments:

Post a Comment