Friday, May 29, 2015

Checking In

I've been doing a lot of reviews lately so I thought I'd take a break and fill you all in on how my life outside of reading goes. I know none of you probably care and if you regularly read this blog (you are out there, right?) it's probably because I review books. But today I don't have a review for you but I have some fun news!

So I don't know if I told you all, but I got into grad school! I was waitlisted at one college and accepted in another. However, I have made the decision to take a gap year. College was so crazy and I'm just not ready to jump into the next 40 years of my career. So I want to take some time, travel, read a lot of books, write  my books, etc etc. I'm very pleased with my decision. In the weeks since I finished school a huge weight has left my shoulders and I'm much less stressed.

However, I still want to have some work while I'm off this year. I've been reading a *lot* and I've been working on Spiral and Masque (yay!) but I wanted to work. So I'm applying around for editorial positions at presses, and I got a temporary position at a press! It's not editorial and it's short-term until their new hire is able to move in, but I get to be on site at a press! It's so cool I can't even describe it. It's all happened so quickly. In three days I went from sending them my resume to interviewing to getting the job and being told I start Monday.

So, yeah, that's what's been going on with me. Sometime soon I'll do a longer post on how my books are going (spoiler: they're going well, but slowly). I just thought some of you might be interested that yesterday there was a reason I was jumping up and down in excitement and eating cheetos.

Have a great Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment