Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Into the Still Blue

Well, the week from hell is over. I wrote so much for school last week that I have no desire to write for a good long time. Which is unfortunate since I have writing due for next week. But I digress. My reward for working hard all week was reading Into the Still Blue by Veronica Rossi, the final installment in the Under the Never Sky trilogy which I started reading a couple years ago. I received it as a lovely Valentine's Day gift from my mom, who also included Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi. So excited!


14288998
Retrieved from Goodreads
They need to get to the Still Blue, and fast. The aether storms are getting much worse, and it's only a matter of time before they're constant. Trapped in a cave, the hundreds of Dwellers and Outsiders desperately want a solution. But Sable and Hess took Cinder, the key to getting to the Still Blue. And Roar is mad with grief. To salvage the situation and their lives, Aria and Perry take an unlikely team to infiltrate Hess and Sable's operations and rescue Cinder. But they only have days before the Aether storm makes outside travel impossible. They need to be fast, and nothing can go wrong.

I did read this book in one sitting, so that should give you some indication of my thoughts on it. I definitely liked it! I liked how twisted Sable was, and how Roar had been stricken with grief with the loss of Liv. I liked how Aria and Perry's romance took a backseat in this book to the demands of trying to get to the Still Blue. Things that didn't work for me though...there were some of those as well. The science was bad. The waterfall of aether separating them from the Still Blue? Cool in fantasy, silly in dystopia. The showdown in the centipede truck thing between Hess's forces and Sable's forces made no sense to me. I was so busy trying to figure out what was going on that there was no tension for me. And the introduction of Aria's father after all this time felt...not as powerful as it should have been. But all in all, this book left me happy, and I like Rossi's writing style so I think I'd read more of her books in the future.

Goodreads Rating: 3 Stars
Up Next: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

No comments:

Post a Comment