Friday, January 2, 2015

Stargazer

Well this post is coming a lot later than I anticipated, but I read this back before 2014 turned to 2015. I'm recovering from a migraine currently so I'm going to keep this post brief. Stargazer is the second book in Claudia Gray's Evernight series. So here we go!


3054684
Retrieved from Goodreads
Although they've been separated, Bianca and Lucas still love each other. Bianca is starting her next year at Evernight Academy, which specializes in teaching vampires how to fit in the modern world. Lucas is back with the band of vampire hunters called the Black Cross. The pair struggle to see each other, but more sinister things are happening. Ghosts are appearing at Evernight, and they seem to be targeting Bianca. And to make matters worse, Balthazar's vampire sister is back in town and the Black Cross is hunting her.

I liked this installment a lot more than the first book. While it has a big reveal like the first book, there are actually hints at it, instead of it happening completely out of the blue. Bianca's blind love for Lucas still bothered me, as did her assumption that because Lucas loved her he would put aside all hatred of vampires and become one. I did like Bianca's dynamic with her parents and how it changed over the course of the book, as well as the introduction of a couple big plot points. The ending felt rushed, but the final scene makes me think the next book is going to be interesting! I'm not a huge fan of paranormal, but I'm willing to give it a try by finishing up this series.

Goodreads Rating: 3 Stars
Up Next: The Winner's Curse

No comments:

Post a Comment