Another year has passed. I have just started my last undergraduate quarter of college. It's been a wild ride and I can't believe it's almost over. As many people this time of year, I want to set some goals for myself. So I have them written down somewhere, I'm going to post them here. Well, here we go!
- Read 75 books. I read 85 books last year. I want to keep up the high amount of reading, but I don't want to be so frantic about it. I want to take my time and read what I please.
- Finish writing Spiral. Or any new manuscript really. Spiral is the last companion novel in my Balancing Act series and I really want to write it.
- Rewrite Griffin's Song. I want to reinvent my first novel as a high fantasy novel with a nautical theme.
- Get into grad school. I've been working on my applications for two graduate publishing programs and I'd love to get into at least one so I can further my dream of being an editor at a largish publishing house.
- Learn to cook. I've sort of been doing this, but I've slacked off the past few months. I am a pretty good baker, and the chocolate chip cookies I make for my apartment disappear within a couple days. But I have little to no experience cooking meat that isn't in a crockpot. It makes me really nervous that I could make people sick. I'd like to overcome that fear.
- Give myself a break. There are times when I just run myself into the ground. And it's not good. Don't get me wrong, I love hard work, but there are times when I shouldn't take on another project, shouldn't feel guilty about taking an evening to relax and read or watch TV.
Well that's all I can think of! I hope it's a great new year.