Monday, December 1, 2014

Ruby Red

So the quarter is almost over! Crazy! And I finished writing my fifth novel, but I'll talk about that tomorrow. For today I want to talk about the book with the pretty dress on the cover, Ruby Red by Kerstin Grier. I read this over the Thanksgiving weekend in between Christmas movies and lots of eating. Well, here it is!


12358349
Retrieved from Goodreads
Gwyneth Shepard has grown up her whole life knowing her cousin Charlotte was special. Charlotte had the coveted time travel gene and when she turned the right age she would travel into the past. But then Gwyenth disappears into the past. She's only a gone a little while, but that's enough. Now she's being taken to the secret society of time travelers and is told she's the final time traveler to complete the circle of twelve. But her mother tells her not to trust anyone, which is hard to do when she's sent into the past with the beautiful and charming Gideon, a fellow time traveler.

This book is very clearly the first in a series. It takes place over, I think, three days and has a pretty fast clip. Big ideas are introduced for the series and very few are answered by the end of the book. I liked reading about the fancy clothing, and I always like the concept of uncontrolled time travel. But some of the science was really glossed over where I thought it could use more, and I totally didn't believe that Gideon really came to like/love Gwyneth to the extent he did in such a short time. But it was a fun, fast read, and it was nice to read about London. I do miss it there. I'll be reading the sequel, but I wouldn't recommend it for people who like their time travel books complicated.

Goodreads Rating: 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment