Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Poison Ivy Completed

Well, after I wrote the first half of it last year for Nano, I have completed Poison Ivy, my fifth novel since I first started writing full-length books 4, nearly 5 years ago. It seems so surreal. It's been a hard slog. I've had a tough time of it, getting over Entranced closing and my book going off the market. I've been blocked big time, and even when I had inspiration it generally fizzled out quickly.

But now I've done it! I used the powers of NaNoWriMo to finish Poison Ivy, my loose fantasy retelling of Romeo and Juliet. It's nowhere near being good. Nothing written in that short of a time is going to be. But I finished! I have my fifth book under my belt and it feels damn great.

Now I'm finishing up the quarter so I don't have time to edit, but I will definitely take a look at this story again once I don't have to worry about finals.

This is so fantastic guys. Writing this year reminded me why I love to write: that feeling of immersion you get when the story is flashing before your eyes and the words can't get on the page fast enough.

Hope you're all having a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment