Friday, November 21, 2014

Update

Well, it's day 21 in NaNoWriMo and I've had a couple setbacks because I've had so much work to do for school. Like, a 17 page paper on top of another shorter paper and my reading. As usual, school is doing its best to kick me in the teeth.

But let me tell you, it's been great to get back into writing. In fact, last night I kept writing even though it started off painful because I was just having fun with it. And I'm reaching the climax of the story. My fifth book. Wow, that's crazy to think. It's been a long time since I finished writing a book, but I really do think this month has helped kickstart my brain back into writing mode where it hasn't been for a long time.

In case I forgot to mention this, I'm finishing up Poison Ivy, a story which I wrote half of for NaNo last year. It's a loose fantasy retelling of Romeo and Juliet and it's been really fun to write. Fantasy is one of my favorite genres to read, but I've never seriously written it before. It feels like great practice for when I get back to rewriting Griffin's Song.

How has your NaNo experience been going? What bumps have you hit along the way?

No comments:

Post a Comment