Monday, November 3, 2014

NaNoing while completely crazy

Yep, folks, it's that time of year again! When your favorite blogs devote tons of time to how to get inspired to write 50k words in 30 days, how to keep yourself on a schedule, how to plot, etc. Well, I'm not going to do that. Instead, I have a confession and a goal for myself.

I have been really blocked with my writing ever since Entranced Publishing closed its doors and Balancing Act was lost to oblivion. I have started and stopped so many writing projects, ones I still want to complete but can't seem to find it in me to do it. I have tons of valid excuses as to why I haven't finished a book in so long. I go to school full time where I'm completing two degrees simultaneously. I also work as an editor which takes up a lot of my writing and reading energy. I also try to have a social life because my friends are awesome. But in reality I should have been finding time to write. That's what writers do. When life kicks us in the pants, we use writing as an outlet.

It's NaNoWriMo time again, and I've done it for the last three years. And I'm going to do it again. I'm going to get inspired, and I'm going to write The End. I need to remember why I adore writing so much, and why it's such a big part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment