Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Summer 2014 Reading Project

I can't believe it's already that time of year again. This summer I set out to read around 30 books. This is the third summer I've done this, but I am sad to say that this time I did not succeed in finishing. Although, if you count all the books I edited for work, I did actually reach my quota. I adore reading, and this summer's selection was no different. I was just really busy most of the time and really tired the rest.


Retrieved from http://tinyurl.com/lhrlzf3
Anyway, the genres from this summer include dystopian, fantasy, paranormal, sci-fi, romance, and memoir. As usual, fantasy topped the charts as the most common genre I read. However, the types of fantasy were varied and deliciously fun.

These are the books I would highly recommend to anyone entering a book shop or just browsing on amazon: Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (fantasy), The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan (fantasy), Dreams of Gods and Monsters by Laini Taylor (paranormal fantasy), Vortex by SJ Kincaid (sci-fi/dystopian), Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (fairy tale retelling), Heir of Fire by Sarah J Maas (fantasy).

Huh, looking at those titles, it seems that fantasy was more prominent than usual on my list of favorites. You can check out the full list of books and their accompanying reviews by either looking at the Summer Reading 2014 tab above, or by hitting the Reviews label to the right.

It's hard to believe summer is over and school is starting. I'm entering my last year of college and time has gone so fast. I've loved all of it, except maybe getting sick. And all the books I've encountered throughout the years have just reaffirmed my love of the written word.

If you can, pick up a book today. It'll be worth it, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment