Friday, September 12, 2014

Natalie Whipple, Kiersten White Book Tour

It's been a busy week for signings! Last night I had the opportunity to meet Natalie Whipple, author of Transparent, Blindsided, House of Ivy and Sorrow, Relax, I'm a Ninja, and Trust me, I'm a Ninja. Also there was Kiersten White, author of the Paranormalcy trilogy, the Mind Games series, The Chaos of Stars, and Illusions of Fate.

I actually followed both these authors on their blogs for quite a while before picking up their books. And I'm glad I did, because both their voices shine through on the page. And discovering these two are close friends was just a perk. Natalie is blunt about the truth of being published, and Kiersten is sass personified. So you can see why I'd want to meet both of them.

(side note, I actually met Kiersten at a previous book signing and had to contain my squees when she said I looked familiar)

This book signing was less crowded than the Sarah J Maas/Marissa Meyer/Mandy Hubbard signing I was just at, which meant I got to ask more questions, but also felt like there should have been more people. Of course, there was an accident nearby clogging up traffic, so that might have something to do with it. And it being a school night for younger readers. Anyway, I got a seat up front and listened to these two friends happily chat about their books and their friendship and isn't Seattle supposed to be rainy?

It was a very enjoyable night with lots of laughs and a couple signed books. I'll be happy to see these authors again whenever they come to town.

No comments:

Post a Comment