Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Drought

Life has been a mix of crazy busy and very stagnant for the past couple weeks. I've been moving into my apartment and editing a lot for work. I've also watched a lot of netflix and hung out with my mom. 

And a strange thing has happened. I haven't wanted to read. I have many books on my shelf that have yet to be read, and some of them I'm sort of excited about. Others have been on my shelf for over a year without me picking up, but I was hoping to get to them this summer. I guess it's not going to happen.

As you also know, I've been going through a drought in my writing. I was going to use this summer to write Spiral, or my rewrite of Griffin's Song. And I've done a little of each, but I haven't had any inspiration. Which I know is no excuse. Writing itself would have probably jogged my inspiration.

I guess the point of this post is to say I'm floundering a little. I'm tired, and I feel like I spend all of my time in stories of one sort or another between editing, reading, watching shows, and occasionally writing. Reality seems sort of detached right now.

I'm hoping to pull out of the fog soon, but I don't really know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment