Monday, August 4, 2014

Balancing is a B****

As you guys know, I am currently an editor for Month9Books. I've been hard at work the last couple months, editing to my heart's content. However, this has resulted in a certain about of exhaustion. I mean mental exhaustion. You see, I am also working through my summer reading project and trying to have a social life. I am also cooking and baking a lot more than normal because my cooking skills are woefully lacking.

All this to say, I've been tired. And this has resulted in an amazing lack of writing on my part. It really started back in December (oh my god it's been almost a year). Then I was working for Entranced Publishing and preparing for my own book launch along with doing regular school and reading. Then I went to England where I walked my feet to nubs. Now, with this new job, I'm finding I don't have much time to write.

And the thing is? It's all excuses. I need to make time to write. I have two story ideas that I love and want to work on. I just can't seem to find the energy. I have character mock ups for Spiral as well as a general outline and the first chapter. I have the magic all planned out for my overhaul of Griffin's Song as well as a key scene written.

I want to write, I really do. I miss the thrill of it. I'm just so tired. I want to have a balanced life, but I'm finding it hard when there are so many things I want to do. I want to start ice skating lessons. I want to take a self-defense class. I want to learn how to cook a couple simple delicious meals that I can add to my canon. I want to finish my summer reading project and work on my books. I want to watch Dr. Who and bead and play with my dog and enjoy the summer heat and see my SO and edit and still have time to do some lounging.

Balancing is a b****. But I'm trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment