Thursday, July 3, 2014

Unite Me

Okay, so I know this book wasn't on my list of ones to review this summer. But I have an excuse. I went on a day trip to Maui in the middle of my Hawaiian vacation, and I was almost at the end of the book I'd brought along with me. And you HAVE to have a book to read on the beach, right? I mean, what else do people do on beaches? Swim? psh. So after a quick stop at Barnes & Noble, I was reading Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi, two novellas wrapped in one delicious package.


18481271
Retrieved from Goodreads
In Destroy Me, Warner struggles to forget Juliette after she escaped with Adam and Kenji. Matters become even worse when his father comes to town to fix Warner's mistakes. Takes place between Shatter Me and Unravel Me.

In Fracture Me, Adam is battling against Warner's men to protect the people of Sector 45. But he can't focus as well as he should because he left his little brother James back at Omega Point, and Juliette isn't proving to be a very good fighter. And then she's kidnapped. Takes place during and after Unravel Me.

I looooved Unravel Me. It totally made up for my mixed feelings about Shatter Me. The romance was sizzling, the stakes were rising, and Juliette was going nuts trying to figure out how to interact with people normally. I hated Warner in the first book but grew to love him in Unravel Me. He's so flawed and so tragic. Seeing things from his point of view in Destroy Me was great! As for Fracture Me, I liked seeing how Adam didn't sacrifice everything to get Juliette when his brother was in danger. It made a lot of sense to me, especially considering the rift between him and Juliette. I can't wait for Ignite Me to come out in paperback this winter so I can find out what happens!!

Goodreads Rating: 4 Stars
Up Next: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater

No comments:

Post a Comment