Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Doctor Appointments and Strange Happenings

As those of you who follow this blog regularly will know, this is the first summer in quite a while that I am not working a 9-5 job. Instead, I am spending my time with friends and family, binge reading, cooking deliciously evil chocolate things, editing, and having various doctor appointments.

The first of these appointments was to get my foot checked out. Ever since returning from London, the top of my foot has been hurting whenever I walk. An x-ray revealed no stress fracture, but I probably have tendinitis. Simultaneously great and yucky. I have to ice my foot and not run on hard surfaces. HA! As if I ran in the first place.

The second of these appointments was to get my eyes checked. I hadn't had my eyes examined in almost two years, and my reading and editing had only increased since the last time I'd gone in. I'd been noticing that things were getting blurry even when I was wearing my glasses. Time to up the prescription, right? WRONG! After getting my eyes checked, I was informed that I no longer needed glasses. That's right, my eyes had gotten better! Things were blurry with my glasses on because the prescription was too strong! What the what?

Oh, and yesterday I rolled a Yahtzee in one roll. It was a freaky day all around.

Still working through Dreams of Gods and Monsters. Will have a review for you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment