Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Sweet Reckoning

Today I took an easier day. As usual I tend to cram my schedule as much as possible, so the last couple days I haven't had as much chance to read. But today was different. I was tired, I didn't have much of a reason to leave bed, so I stayed there and read. I said the next book I was going to read was House of Ivy and Sorrow by Natalie Whipple. But this morning I woke up wanting something a little different, and it had me reaching for Sweet Reckoning by Wendy Higgins. This is the last book in a trilogy so there will be mild spoilers. Beware.


16007855
Retrieved from Goodreads
The time has come for the Nephilim to stand against their demon fathers. Anna Whitt is the offspring of an angel and a demon, and so is destined to fulfill the prophecy that says the demons will be banished back to hell if they don't choose redemption. With time short, Anna needs all the supporters she can get, but they're hard to come by when she has to avoid the Dukes (head honcho demons) and make it seem like she's not in contact with any of her fellow Neph. Making this even harder is the love she has for her boyfriend Kaidan. She wants to be with him, but being with him would make her choose between him and her destiny.

It's rather hard to describe the plot of this book. It really is a close extension of Sweet Peril, where Anna has accepted her destiny and is working to get followers. She and Kaidan have decided to be together despite its perils, and let the sexy times commence. Hot damn, were these scenes well written. I have read and edited erotica, and this still had me blushing. But in a way that fit the story. In the end, I loved this book. It is overly romantic in places, and I thought the Sword of Righteousness would play a larger role than it did. But...I honestly didn't care. I need overly romantic in my life sometimes. I like happy endings and sweet kisses and declarations of love. I don't need them ALL the time, but it's nice. Sweet Reckoning is a quick, nice read with some twists that may surprise readers. The epilogue will make you tear up. It's just guaranteed. I would highly recommend the Sweet Trilogy for anyone who likes a kind protagonist, some hot makeout sessions, and a fight for the death.

Goodreads Rating: 4 Stars
Up next: House of Ivy and Sorry by Natalie Whipple

No comments:

Post a Comment