Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hidden

I'm leaving on a jetplane today! Well...sorta. I'm off to Hawaii for a week. You know what that means? READING ON THE BEACH. I've packed 4 books and I'm really excited to read them. I'm taking along The Mark of Athena, Finnikin of the Rock, Dark Triumph, and Forever. A nice mix of fantasy and...yeah, mostly fantasy. I'll be updating my blog while I'm gone so there will be reviews in the offing! On a more subdued note, I got sunburned the other day and it triggered a cold sore. Which really sucks. Especially since it'll be in my photos. But anyway, to today's review!


12522507
Retrieved from Goodreads
Jacinda is going into the heart of the draki hunters' territory--directly into their labs--in order to save Cassian's sister, Miriam. The plan is to be delivered to the enkros, and then Will and Cassian will rescue them both that night. But when she gets inside, Jacinda realizes the plan isn't going to go as smoothly as they hope.

That's all you really need to know about this book. I'm going to keep this review short, because I don't have many good things to say about Hidden, the final book in the Firelight trilogy. Jacinda is whiny and naive about obvious things. Plots holes abound and things are over explained again and again. Will is a boring love interest, Deghan had the potential to be interesting but wasn't. And what draki look like is again never explained. They have hair and can walk like normal people, but enkros never made the connection between them and humans? Huh? But perhaps the thing that bothered me the most is how Jacinda feels like an expert on being a captive of the enkros when she was in their labs less than 24 hours. She doesn't even get hurt. And yet she says that the place almost destroyed her. I just...barely finished this book. And that was only so I could say I finished the series. I know a lot of people loved this book. I think Jordan's novels are not for me.

Goodreads Rating: 2 Stars
Up Next: The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan

No comments:

Post a Comment