Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Rediscovering Rereading

One of the results of living in London temporarily is that I couldn't bring my books with me. Which, let me tell you, was ridiculously hard. Especially since I wanted to dive into Crown of Midnight for a second time. Oddly enough, this is a nice segue for me.

You see, just recently I reread Throne of Glass, one of the first times I've reread a book in about 2 years. I've been so busy reading new books, I haven't been going back and reading older ones. Which I used to do all the time! I loved rereading Tamora Pierce's books.

Anyway, after reading The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas I couldn't help it anymore, and so I read Throne of Glass. Didn't have time to reread Crown of Midnight, though. Heather sad...

Instead of bringing my books to London, I brought my kindle. Which has about 20 books on it at the moment. And I figured, hey, why not reread some of my favorite books!? So over the last couple days when I've been on the tube, I've read Anna and the French Kiss and I'm halfway through Lola and the Boy Next Door.

And I remembered why I loved rereading. It does feel like coming home, somehow. And it's comforting to me, as I'm in a strange city with customs I'm not completely used to yet. And I pick up things I missed before. And it inspires me to write and edit.

Not to say I'm going to survive not buying books while I'm here. I imagine I'll cave within the week.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I LOVE REREADING!

No comments:

Post a Comment