Monday, March 31, 2014

The End of Entranced Publishing

So, I know I haven't posted recently. And, as usual, it's because my life has been crazy lately. I'll go through the points one by one, because life is nuts and I believe my readers deserve to know what's been happening.

Winter quarter at university ended, with finals week being the easiest week for me during the entire thing. At the end of this, I had to pack up my dorm room and move out because I'm studying abroad in London this quarter. So a good amount of time was spent unpacking and repacking at home so that I could leave the country. Which I did last week. I am now ensconced in England, going out every day exploring. So I haven't had any time to read whatsoever.

Now for the horrible stuff.

Entranced Publishing, my employer and publisher, has closed its doors. For the entire shady story concerning how the owner scammed everyone, including myself, see the Writer Beware post here. So, suffice it to say, I am seriously disappointed. After 10 months of prep, and only 2 months on the market, Balancing Act is no longer for sale. So I'm back to where I started: querying agents. And, honestly, I'm kind of excited to do this. My book deal with Entranced happened so quickly I'd barely queried it, and now that it's been edited I know it's better than ever.

I want it out there that I never received any money for my work with Entranced, and have yet to receive any royalties for my book either. I've spent time going through my blog and taking down Entranced covers as well as my own. I may have missed placed, so if you find any please let me know.

I also want the world to know how much respect I have for the staff of Entranced. This was entirely on the owner's head. Every author and editor I worked with was amazing, and I hope to keep in contact with them after the dust has settled.

This is a hard time for everyone at Entranced, but we're surviving.

Hope you're having a good week :)

2 comments:

  1. Saw this news last week and thought of you. I'm so sorry you're experiencing it, but it sounds like you've got a good attitude about bouncing back. And London? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support, Nicole :)

    ReplyDelete