Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Okay, I Get it Now

In my youthier youth I read a lot of fantasy. And quite a few of those stories had elves. And one thing that seems to remain consistent with stories with elves is that they live a really freakishly long time. There's often talk of how decisions are made slowly because they don't have a human concept of time. It also brings to mind the Entmoot in LOTR. And while I understood it when I read it, I never really got it, ya know?

I apologize for how sporadic this post will seem. I'm running on very little brain power. This week is killing me and it's only Tuesday morning.

Anyways, I get it now.

Last night I spent most of my time working on a seven page analysis of the similarities and differences between knightly and clerical values in the twelfth century. I would be working on it for nary ten minutes when I would look at the clock and two hours had gone by. This is sort of what my life has been like lately. Working as much as possible so that I don't collapse under the strain procrastination would result in.

It's all worth it though. I do love my majors, and my short story class is a ton of fun. And I'm considering a minor in Geology. And in a month I'll be going to London for the spring! And I'm working on Saddle Sore again, hoping to send it to my awesome editor eventually to see if Entranced wants it. And I'm working on my work projects. And trying to spend time with my friends before I'm gone for a long time. And I'm applying to internships at the Big 5.

But in between I mostly just want to sleep. Life is going so fast, guys. And I sorta wish it would slow down enough for me to appreciate it more. And sleep more. And have time to finish my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment