Friday, February 28, 2014

Through the Ever Night

I'm a little late in reviewing this book. I actually finished it several days ago, but this week has been crazy. I've got a really busy weekend ahead with school work, so I've been trying to prepare myself by getting all my busy work out of the way. Then I tried to go to an art show with a friend, only to discover once we got to the front of the line that it was a 21 and over event. So, first time getting turned away from somewhere because I'm too young. And I wasn't even trying to sneak in! But anyways, this week I read Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi.

13253276
Retrieved from Goodreads
Aria has been ordered by Hess to find the Still Blue, the one place on Earth where Aether storms don't destroy the land. He holds as ransom Perry's nephew, and only remaining family, Talon. Perry meanwhile has become Blood Lord of the Tides, one of the youngest and least experienced. As Aether storms destroy his territory and larger tribes close in for the kill, he has to deal with his people not accepting Aria or his leadership.

Through the Ever Night is the sequel to Under the Never Sky. I greatly enjoyed the first book in this series, though it took a few failed starts before I finished reading it. I loved the idea of the heightened senses, as well as Aria adapting to being outside for the first time after spending a life in the virtual reality of the Realms. This book...well it was fun, quick paced. But it was definitely a middle book. As far as I can recall there were no huge revelations. However, this isn't a story where there are big mysteries, so that might not be a bad thing. It was a quick read, and I'll be ready to read Into the Still Blue when it's out in paperback. All in all, a nice palette cleanser between the 13th century annals about papal and national sovereignty that I've been reading this week.

Goodreads Rating: 3 Stars
Up Next: White Cat by Holly Black

No comments:

Post a Comment