Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Cress

It's been a week since Balancing Act came out. Can you believe it? Because I sure can't. For those of you who hadn't heard, you can now purchase Balancing Act for your e-reader here! When it's made it onto B&N I'll let you all know. I had a quiet release week in that I had a ton of work. I celebrated with my family, and then had a launch party that Saturday. It was amazing to see the turnout. It's incredible, being reminded of how much support I have. But that's a post for another day. Today I want to talk about this incredible book, Cress by Marissa Meyer.


13206828
Retrieved from Goodreads
For seven years Cress has been trapped in a satellite orbiting Earth and forced to do Queen Levana's hacking. She fills her days with fantasy stories she makes up, and her favorite is of the romantic hero, Captain Thorne, the second most wanted fugitive on Earth. Cinder and Captain Thorne are on the run with Wolfe and Scarlet, and they're trying to elude capture long enough to stop the royal wedding. Their best hope lies in Cress. But when a disastrous rescue mission goes wrong, Cress finally has her freedom, but the little band is scattered across the worlds. They need to get back together in time to stop the wedding, and if they can, save the world.

I have loved both Cinder and Scarlet. Each POV has a distinctive voice, and the action never lets up. I felt so attached to Cress with her inability to cut her hair and her delusions about epic romances. These stories are loosely based on fairy tales, and this one was clearly based on Rapunzel. But I'm so glad it didn't stick to it super closely because we're closing in on when Cinder will have to take on Levana. Words can't describe how much I enjoyed this book. It jumps between so many characters, which I love, and the storylines are great. I finished it in about 2 days. Please can it be 2015 already so I can read Winter? Please?

Goodreads Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment