Today I have the pleasure of having Barbara Garren, author of Infinite Potential, a YA paranormal romance published through the Entranced imprint of Entranced Publishing (my employer)! Without further ado: Barbara Garren!
Okay, I was asked to share the top 5 things you never would have guessed about me. This might be painful, but here goes:
1. I’m deathly afraid of clowns, puppets, masks and heights. Not in that order. I don’t know where the fear of clowns, puppets and masks comes from. I have a friend who is a psychologist and she says it’s a combination of my complete transparency, coupled with the difficulty I have seeing past the subterfuge of others. I’m not sure – I used to love the clowns at the circus. As for the height thing – that’s interesting, considering fact number 2…
2. I learned how to fly an airplane before I learned how to drive a car. Flying doesn’t affect my fear of heights. I love flying. I grew up flying with my Dad and he taught my brother and I how to fly as soon as we were able to see over the nose of the plane! So, maybe it’s not really a fear of heights, but a fear of being on the edge, teetering on the precipice?
3. I began my career in the Navy as a welder. Really! I was darn good at it too! My grandfather taught me how to weld (a little bit) when I was a little girl and I love the magic of joining metal together. I’m a bit of a metal geek (okay, a LOT of a metal geek) and the whole process still fascinates me. I quickly moved on too inspection and testing after suffering a nasty burn welding on a pipe on a ship in the Bay of Oman, but that’s a story for another day!
4. My iPod would probably have you scratching your head in confusion. I have opera, operetta’s (Gilbert & Sullivan), classical music, country, pop, rap, new wave, rock and roll, heavy metal – you name it. Most of my playlists are a real mash-up of genre, rhythm and tone. Whatever sets the mood best! I tend to gravitate toward darker, more melancholy songs when I’m really in “writing” mode. It helps me reach all those feelings!
5. I am possibly one of the most socially awkward and shy people you will ever meet, I’ve just learned to hide it well. I drag my husband to all the professional social functions I’m required to attend and he pushes me into other types of events, but I’m quite the wall-flower at heart. I can never figure out what to say or do and am terrified of glomming on to the ONE person who talks to me and never letting them go! With that said, once I know you and feel comfortable with you, I’m a firm believer in tackle hugs!
Kelsi always Knows when bad things are coming, but even she never thought she’d lose her husband at only twenty-three. Since he died, she’s been living her worst nightmare.
Her nights are filled with dreams of a Dark Haired Man, but her days are full of guilt, because the Man fills her with longing and confusion, promising to give her all she needs, all she wants, all she feared she’d never have again.
If only the dreams would stay in her head where they belong.
Kelsi starts seeing the Dark Haired Man in her waking life, shadowing her wherever she goes. And when her mysterious new neighbor, Aiden Hardt, knows about the Man in her dreams, Kelsi worries she can’t trust her own mind.
He’s not what he seems.
But even Aiden’s cryptic words don’t frighten her as much as the way she feels around him. Kelsi must sort through her emotions and figure out what’s real before she can ever hope to have a normal life again.
About the Author
Barbara was born and raised in Southern California, but left to explore the world courtesy of the U.S. Navy. After traveling the world, she forced herself to live a humble life in in San Francisco, New York and Norfolk, Virginia. She now calls San Diego home and you won’t pry her out with a crowbar.
She would be the first to tell you her husband, Henry, is the inspiration for all the romance, and the real Charlie - who is as cute as he sounds in her books - is a terrorist. When not working for the U.S. Navy, she can be found running, reading or writing. She firmly believes a well rounded diet consists of coffee, scotch, chocolate, popcorn and Luna Bars. In that order.
She's a graduate of CUNY and Penn State - and manages to write a decent line here and there despite those burdens.
Social Media Links