Sunday, January 5, 2014

Vision of Shadows Blog Tour

Today I have with me Vincent Morrone, author of Vision of Shadows, a YA paranormal romance. It was released December 30th through the Rush imprint of Entranced Publishing (my employer). Before you meet the author, here's the summary of the book.

Is Bristol Blackburn about to meet the love of her life...or her killer?

After the death of her parents, Bristol Blackburn's life is thrown into chaos and she's forced to move to Spirit, a small town where shadows are stirring. As she learns to navigate her new school and figures out how to keep her psychic abilities secret from her family, Bristol comes face to face with the boy who makes a regular

appearance in her dreams: the gorgeous, possibly deadly, Payne KcKnight. Soon she'll find out if Payne will be the love of her life, or the end of it — and she has no idea which possibility scares her more.

And that's not even the worst of it. Strange shadows are haunting her dreams, and they're up to something that could put Bristol and the lives of everyone she loves in jeopardy.

About the Author:

Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY, Vincent Morrone now resides in upstate NY with his wife. (Although he can still speak fluent Brooklynese.) His twin daughters remain not only his biggest fans, but usually are the first to read all of his work. Their home is run and operated for the comfort and convenience of their dogs.


Vincent has been writing fiction, poetry, and song lyrics for as long as he can remember, most of which involve magical misfits, paranormal prodigies, and even on occasion superheroes and their sidekicks.


  1. If you could tell anyone in the world five things about yourself that really define "you," what would they be?
    1) I'm defined first and foremost by my family. My two daughters are my world. And my wife is my best friend.
    2) would be my writing. I've wanted to be an author since I was young. So it's finally coming true.
    3) My love for the band KISS. I've been a fan of KISS since I was 7 in 1978. They literally have been the soundtrack of my life. If you ask people who knew me in high school that I reconnected with on Facebook after many years, they'll probably tell you that if they ever saw or heard KISS, they thought of me. As it should be.
    4) I'm a huge Star Trek fan. I grew up with the original and was a complete Trekkie with The Next Generation. I followed each series, even Enterprise.
    5) My home is run for the comfort of our dogs. We've got a black lab named Toby, a dark brindle named Molly and we just got an Old English Bulldog named Lilly who is about 6 months old. Lilly sleeps with my wife and me and hogs the bed.
  2. What was your inspiration for Vision of Shadows?
    I don't think there was any one thing that could be considered an inspiration. I decided that I wanted to write something where the main character told the story. There were things I wanted. I wanted something where I could have a lot of humor and a lot of emotional moments. I wanted to be able to make the reader laugh and cry. (My wife told me she did both within the first few pages!)
  3. How long did it take you to write the first draft?
    9 months for the first book. The second book which is done was about the same. Book 3 however only took me 2 months.
  4. What is your writing/editing process? Pantser? Outliner?
    I definitely plot. In High School, I pantsed when I wrote short stories, but when I tried to do that with a novel I'd have these amazing beginnings and then hit a wall and stop. Then I realized I needed to have an outline. So I knew the plan. I need that.
  5. How did you decide to go the indie/small press route?
    I met Eden Plantz through a writers group and she read VoS and the rest is history. I didn't really know much about self-pubbing and I didn't have an agent to get submitted to the big press. I love Entranced.
  6. What are your favorite YA/NA books overall? Recently?
    I adore the Harry Potter novels. I've read them each a dozen times. More recently was the Gone series by Michael Grant.
  7. Favorite type of ice cream?
    I'm usually a simple vanilla kind of guy, but I do love Cherry Garcia.
Buy it here!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Vincent! The cover looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete