Sunday, November 3, 2013

NaNo and Misc.

Well I barely posted last month, and a few posts I planned to write were stalled by all means of connecting to the internet disappearing from my apartment. So I'm super behind in NaNo, my email, tweeting, and blogging.

Last month was good, but bad at the same time. I was busy, I was sick off and on for almost a month, but I experienced some pretty fun times with my friends, and the weather was pretty decent here in the PNW. I also met Marissa Meyer! I'll write a post about that later.

Well NaNoWriMo is in it's third day and I have less than 1k written. But I plan to make up for lost time today. What book am I writing, you ask? Well, remember that fantasy novel that was a very loose retelling of Romeo and Juliet? That's the one! I woke up one morning from a really weird dream about being chased by some weirdly put together sheep balrog. And thus a story was born. Don't worry, there are no sheep balrogs in it. Just to refresh everyone's memory, here's the prologue!

"There were many things I never expected to happen on my wedding day. For instance, I never expected blood to cake my mouth, and my lip to be split, so even smiling would send a fresh dribble down my chin. I never expected my bouquet to be daisies. They're such smelly flowers. I never expected my dress to be lavender and covered in scorch marks.

But most of all, I never expected to love my husband-to-be."

Hope your NaNo endeavors are going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment