Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Late Thaw Blog Tour

Today I have with me Ana Blaze, author of A Late Thaw, a YA contemporary romance novella. It was released October 28th through the Kissed imprint of Entranced Publishing (my employer). Before you meet the author, here's the summary of the book.

The town's too small for Kiley St. Claire's reappearance to be a surprise, still seeing her hits Cole Thomas like a punch tot he guy. She ripped his heart apart when she turned to ice and ran away all those years ago. Now that she's back, Cole's going to say his piece and move on.

Even if she does look damn good in that uniform.

Kiley St. Claire is back in the small town of Barrett, Vermont, for one reason and one reason only: to earn some cash so she can survive her final semester of grad school. She's not there for the sexy Christmas tree farmers.

Even one who once held her heart.

About the Author:

Ana lives just outside Washington DC with her very supportive husband and three rather demanding cats. She loves the ocean, Indian food, Ikea, and cooking. Ana admits to watching too much television and she swears that someday she's going to learn how to play the guitar resting on the bookshelf in her office.


  1. If you could tell anyone in the world five things about yourself that really define "you," what would they be?
    I read. I write. I love my mom. I'm married to my best friend. I'm a sentience-based egalitarian. (Basically, I value other animals as much as humans.)
  2. What was your inspiration for A Late Thaw?
    I went to college in Vermont and I fell in love with the place. In a way, this novella is a love letter to the state and some of the good solid hotties there. So I started with a good Vermont man and then found his perfect match.
  3. How long did it take you to write the first draft of this book?
    This one came pretty quickly. It's not a long story, the whole thing takes place over two days, but I believe I had a draft in just a few weeks. That is fast for me. I often find the beginning of new stories come quickly and then I slow down in the middle. Ends often take longer. I think I have a hard time saying good-bye.
  4. What is your writing/editing process? Pantser? Outliner?
    I outline a little in my head, but I try to let the characters lead so that I maintain my enthusiasm for the story as it progresses.
  5. How did you decide to go the indie/small press route?
    You know, I don't know that it was a very conscious decision. I was writing but not submitting yet and I came across a submission call that fit a novella I had completed and I decided it was time to give it a go. I polished it up and sent it in. It eventually got rejected by that publisher but made it through a couple rounds and I received a very nice personal email from an editor. That gave me the confidence to send it somewhere else, so I looked for an acquiring editor who seemed to like the kind of story I'd written and she was at a small press. I do think it was a good choice for me. There is a lot to learn and I think smaller presses are in a better position to teach. Also, I think they tend to have a lot of beginning authors and that leads to a wonderful, warm, and enthusiastic community.
  6. What are your favorite books overall? Recently?
    I read A LOT, so here goes: I love all of Anne Rice's vampire novels (and many others too) and urban fantasy from Kelley Armstrong and Rachel Caine. Patricia Briggs has a couple of series that are always excellent. On the romance front, I adore Nora Roberts, Jeaniene Frost and Charlaine Harris. I love the Selkie Series by Sophie Moss. Like many readers, I've been really enjoying the offerings of the YA genre lately: The Matched Trilogy, The Hunger Games Trilogy, The Divergent Trilogy. I highly recommend If I Stay by Gayle Forman and its sequel, Where She Went. I'm enjoying some of the recent surge of New Adult romance as well, such as Falling into You by Jasinda Wilder. And I have to mention Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion for making me believe in zombie romance.
  7. Favorite type of ice cream?
    Peanut Butter Cup. But only because Ben & Jerry's broke my heart many years ago and retired Cool Britannia, a strawberry ice cream with fudge covered shortbread cookies in it. That was the best ice cream ever.

Add to Goodreadshttp://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17830852-a-late-thaw


Author Social Media Links:
Blog: http://anablaze.blogspot.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ana_blaze
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AnaBlazeLove
Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/anablaze/


Buy links: Amazon | B&N

Giveaway:

a Rafflecopter giveaway

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for helping with my blog tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great story, Ana. I especially love the beginning because we've all been there - when we run into "that guy" at the worst possible moment.

    I do have to put in a word for Stephen Colbert's Americone Dream by Ben & Jerry, however. We may need to discuss this further. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy Americone Dream plenty, but it doesn't have strawberries or fudge covered shortbread. :)

      Delete