Saturday, October 12, 2013

Until There Was You

Well this week has been full of ups and downs. My weekend was awesome, receiving the cover of Balancing Act as well as getting promoted to senior editor. Then the school week hit, and I was snowed under with work. I ended up working myself to exhaustion and getting sick. So I've been fuzzle-headed and dry-nosed for going on four days now. And it's not fun. But I've been around this block so many times it's sort of hard to care about a cold. Anyways, because I had so much work, I didn't get to read for pleasure until Thursday (cue gasping crowd). And yesterday while waiting at a hair salon, I finished off Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins.


11164514
Retrieved from Goodreads
Posey Osterhagen was stood up at the prom by a jerk, but it was really Liam Murphy who broke her heart that night. But that was a long time ago. Posey now owns a successful architectural salvaging company, has a wonderful family, and a huge Great Dane to gamble around with. Then Liam moves back into town. Now a widower with a fifteen-year-old daughter, Liam is not the bad boy he used to be. Now he's a wildly overprotective parent and a bit OCD. Posey should stay away from the guy who broke her heart, but fate seems to have other ideas.

How many of Higgins' books have I reviewed now? 5? 6? So it will come as no surprise that I enjoyed Until There Was You (although I still can't figure out the reason behind the title). Higgins' books are light on raunch and heavy on secondary characters. I loved strolling through the different stories, watching the painfully awkward moments with family, and commiserating with Liam's daughter. I am the daughter of two highly protective parents. Of course, it has lessened with time, but I could totally understand Nicole's frustration with her father thinking that she's going to get knocked up and addicted just because she has a crush on a boy. Still, none of her books have replaced Too Good To Be True and Fools Rush In as my favorites. If you want a fun romp with some funny characters and some sweet romance, this is the book for you. Well, any of Higgins' books are, really.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars
Up Next: Grave Mercy by R. L. LaFevers

No comments:

Post a Comment