Tuesday, October 8, 2013

News and Other Stuff

I'm in week three of my junior year of college, and it feels like it's been three weeks of dead week. Which is sort of how I felt most of junior year of high school. Pattern? I think so. Here's why it's been so busy: I had a book due this week for work, I'm in a reading-intensive history class (300 pages last week), an intensive poetry class, an oceanography class (which isn't really hard, but it still takes up time),and I've been trying to have a social life.

BUT I am not here today to complain. I am here to tell you all two awesome things that happened this weekend.

1) I received the cover of Balancing Act. I can't show it to you guys yet, but it is so beautiful and wonderful I want to cry. I had a hard time picturing a way in which multiple aspects of Callie's life could be portrayed on a cover, but the cover artists at Entranced just nailed it. I can't wait to show it to you all.

2) I was promoted from associate editor to senior editor at Entranced Publishing. There was a position open, I threw my name in the ring, did the editing test, and then spent the next week obsessively refreshing my email. As a senior editor I'll be doing content edits on books instead of line edits. I know I say it a lot, but so much has changed since last year. I was a line editor for eight months before getting this promotion, and looking back it's hard to believe it's been that long. I can't wait to start my new job.

That's about the extent of what I've been up to. Work, school, homework, and a bit of play. I hope to have a review for you by the end of the week. This one proves to be just as crazy as the last.

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo! That's so awesome! Congrats on the promotion, I bet you'll really enjoy that. So much more fun to be doing content edits than line edits. :)

    And so excited to see the cover of Balancing Act! :D

    ReplyDelete