Saturday, July 13, 2013

Editing Balancing Act

I couldn't think of a wittier title for this post. I just wanted to check in so ya'll wouldn't forget me. I'm still reading Inkheart, slowly but surely. However, it's going to take me longer than usual. You see, I'm finishing up the first round of developmental edits on Balancing Act for my awesome editor Emily. It was slow going at the start there. I was in the middle of a crazily busy week at work, and I was exhausted every day when I got home. But then I hit my days off and now I'm cooking.

It's weird, trying to look at Balancing Act objectively. Now that I'm an editor, I see a lot more of the mistakes. I think this is because I've always been very attached to my work, and there was the possibility of sometime it being published, but I didn't have to worry about being perfect just now. Well, that sometime is here now. Which is still hard to believe. I keep saying it and telling people, but it still doesn't seem completely  real. I don't know if it will feel real at some point, maybe when I get my cover, or when I get the ARCs. Maybe it will only feel real when I see it sitting on a Kindle/Nook.

Anyways, work is going well (both of them). I love being an editor, I love that I get to see Balancing Act take flight when this time last year I was still writing it.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment