Monday, June 17, 2013

The Titan's Curse

Yes, I know, I know, I just posted a review yesterday, and if I don't want to screw up my eyes like last summer, I need to not devour books so fast. But I wanted to read The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan, and I didn't have anything else to do yesterday. So I actually spent all day in bed reading. And I polished off this third installment in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series after putting down The Best Man. And heeeere we go.


561456
Retrieved from Goodreads
Thalia, the daughter of Zeus, has awakened from her life as a tree, thanks to the Golden Fleece. Now she, Percy, Grover, and Annabeth are tracking down more half-bloods to protect the camp as old spirits are awakened by Kronos (both good and bad). While rescuing Bianca and Nico di Angelo from a manticore vice principal, Annabeth is kidnapped and the others meet the Hunt. These ladies are immortal companions of Artemis, sworn to never love men. When Artemis goes in search of a monster now stirring the mortal world and is kidnapped as well, Zoe Nightshade of the Hunt, Biana (newly of the Hunt), Grover, Percy, and Thalia go in search of her.

I enjoyed this book more than The Sea of Serpents. I don't really know why, though. Maybe it's because I love the idea of the Hunt, and it was good to see Grover again, not wearing a wedding dress. Perhaps it's because Percy had some awesome conflict in this one, while I felt his largest trial in the last book was accepting his half brother. Either way, I tore through The Titan's Curse, and I think it set up The Battle of the Labyrinth quite nicely. There were, of course, many laugh-out-loud moments in this book, which I always appreciate. Maybe after I'm done with this series I'll read something a little more serious, but for now I'm content to laugh my way through Percy Jackson and the Olympians.

Goodreads Rating: 5 stars

1 comment: