Saturday, June 29, 2013

Sweet Peril

Well my nose is back to the grindstone! It's going to be a busy week at both my jobs, and I am suspecting less time will be put towards reading, at least for a little while. But it's okay, because I already finished book 7 in my Summer Reading Project, Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins. I read the first book in this trilogy, Sweet Evil, for my last Summer Reading Project in one day. To keep the tradition alive, I did the same with this book.


15768191
Retrieved from Goodreads
's been six months since the summit of the Dukes where angels protected Anna from being killed. Since then, Kai has moved to Los Angeles, Kopano is back at Harvard, and Anna has been working in her capacity as the daughter of the Duke of substance abuse. And it's slowly killing her, because a part of her likes what's she's doing. Then a prophecy changes everything. Anna might be the only Neph who could banish the dukes from Earth. So she sets out with help from Kope and her father to track down other Neph who would help them fight when the day comes. Not that they're sure when that day is, of course.

If I recall, I gave Sweet Evil a glowing review for a couple reasons. One, I thought the idea of emotions being displayed like colors for the Neph to read was really cool. This still stands. Two, I liked the fact that Anna was genuinely a nice person without being a Mary Sue. If anything, her niceness got her in to trouble because she was so trusting. Oh, and did I mention the snogging? Holy cow that was sizzly. All these points apply to Sweet Peril as well. It was neat to see more of Kope, and the adventures to find the Neph were pretty cool. I wish we'd seen more of Kai, if only for the sizzly kisses. When does the last one come out?

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment