Monday, June 24, 2013

The Last Olympian

Ahhhhh. That's what I'm feeling. That relaxing and sort of sad sensation you get when you finish a series you enjoyed. You know you're going to miss the characters, and the world and those little quips that seemed like a joke between you and the author and no one else. What series am I talking about? Why, the one I've been reviewing for you for the past week! Percy Jackson and the Olympians! I just finished The Last Olympian, the final book in the series. And here we go:


4556058
Retrieved from Goodreads
It's finally here, the battle that will raze or save Olympus. Kronos has risen and taken on the body of Luke, son of Hermes. At the same time, the monster Typhon has been released from under Mount St. Helens and is heading East to destroy New York. And even the gods can't stop him. Along with Annabeth, Tyson, Grover, and the hellhound Mrs. O'Leary, Percy must find a way to save Olympus or see the world destroyed. But he doesn't know how to do it, and the one path open to him might kill him.

This final book doesn't carry as many of the funny, snarky comments as the previous books in the series, and  with good reason. There's a freaking war going on for most of it. People are dying, there's a spy at Camp Half-Blood, gods are fading left and right, and things are being destroyed. I loved the look into Luke and Annabeth's past, and how Percy comes into his own. He finally has to make decisions that will effect the rest of the world, and he recognizes the weight of them. A satisfying ending to a satisfying series. I'm excited to dive into The Heroes of Olymus series this summer. My one problem with this book: no one seemed to care who the spy was! I try to stay positive in my reviews, but this one thing bugged me. I don't think it detracted from the book very much, but if I were in the situation I would have taken the hour to see which demigod had the bracelet relaying all the positions and plans of the demigods to evil Kronos. Less people would have died. But no one seemed to care who it was! But other than that, loved this book.

Goodreads Rating: 5 stars
Up Next: Transparent by Natalie Whipple

No comments:

Post a Comment