Saturday, June 22, 2013

The Battle of the Labyrinth

I feel ashamed it's taken me five days to get through this fourth installment in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. My only excuse: I moved again. I've started work for the summer which has meant relocating for the past three years. What with starting my job again, and trying to see friends before I left, I honestly didn't have the energy to read. But now I've finished this novel and intend to start The Last Olympian right after I complete this post.


2120932
Retrieved from Goodreads
After being attacked by demonic cheerleaders at his new school, Percy flees to Camp Half-Blood. From there, he, Grover, Tyson, and Annabeth set out on a quest through the Labyrinth to find it's creator, Daedalus. The Labyrinth is the only way Luke and the army of Kronos can attack the camp, and if Percy and the gang find it's creator first, they might be able to stop it. But there are things in their way: a huge ranch that deals in black market trading, and an arena where heroes and demons must fight to the death to pass through. Just another summer for Percy Jackson.

The Battle of the Labyrinth is longer than The Titan's Curse, and in my opinion, the plot is a little bit thinner. I loved the idea of the Labyrinth though, how it changes time and distances, and is always trying to confuse and kill the people in it. Probably the person I felt for most in this story was Calypso, who has a hero sent to her island every thousand years who she is destined to love and can stay if he wishes. The only problem is, the gods only send her heroes who are destined not to stay. It's so mean, and I felt so sorry for her. I'm excited to see how this all resolves in the last book.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars
Next up: The Last Olympian

No comments:

Post a Comment