Monday, May 13, 2013

The Serpent's Shadow

Yes, I know I said next on my list was Code Name Verity. And I'm almost done with it (spoiler: loving it). But the last three books I ordered (which were delayed again and again) were delivered! This included The Elite by Kiera Cass, The Crown of Embers by Rae Carson, and The Serpent's Shadow by Rick Riordan. Because I had a pretty jam-packed weekend, what with Mother's Day, I decided on the last one, finishing off The Kane Chronicles.


12893742
Retrieved from Goodreads
Sadie and Carter Kane haven't known about their Egyptian heritage for even a year, and they're being called upon to save the world from destruction by the evil snake god of Chaos, Apophis. There are some problems though. The other nomes of magicians are turning their backs on the family, refusing to follow the path of the gods like Sadie and Carter have. They have only a few days before the day Apophis will rise and swallow the sun. And they have no idea how to kill him. And Walt, one of their most powerful magicians, will probably die before the final fight. No end of problems. But Sadie and Carter have to fight, or risk losing everything.

I blew through this 400 page book in two days. My eyes were so tired from reading last night that they blurred when I looked at my keyboard. So I decided to take a few hour break to sleep and go to class before finishing it. LOVED IT. Of course, the element of surprise that was in The Red Pyramid is gone by this point, and I was mostly interested to see how they were going to defeat Chaos and live, not how the Egyptian magic worked. I loved The Kane Chronicles. I laughed, there was continual action, AND an extra short story about Carter meeting Percy, from the other Riordan series I'm reading.

Goodreads Rating: 5 stars

Will finish Code Name Verity soon. Maybe, ahem, tonight, if my eyes don't flip out again.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment