Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Sea of Monsters

In my last post I told ya'll that I'd bought 9 books, including some that I've wanted for a long time. Well, while 3 of them got delayed, I still received 6 yesterday. And, what luck, I had barely any homework which happens once in a blue moon. So I sat down and plowed through The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan, complete with many laughs.


28186
Retrieved from Goodreads
Percy Jackson has had a relatively calm school year. Nothing's blown up yet, anyways. But on the last day of school some cannibalistic monsters from Canada burn down his school, and Percy is blamed. He flees with his right-place-right-time friend Annabeth and new cyclops friend, Tyson. They head for Camp Half-Blood, which is in dire need of their help. The tree protecting the camp's boundaries is sick, and every day monsters are attacking. Tyson, Annabeth, and Percy set off on an unsanctioned quest to find the Golden Fleece to restore the tree's health and at the same time save Grover who's been captured by a bad cyclops.

As I have said many times in these reviews, I LOVE Rick Riordan. I don't care that I'm a college student and should be above finding a cyclops yelling "BAD COW" at a rampaging bronze bull funny, but I'm not. I had a good belly laugh at that. And reading this book made me even more excited for my copy of The Serpent's Shadow to arrive. I loved The Sea of Monsters. It has monster donut shops and hydras and ghosts of confederate soldiers. What more could you ask for? Next up! Shades of Earth by Beth Revis!

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment