Thursday, May 23, 2013

The Elite

Thank goodness it's almost the end of the week. And what is on the other end of this week? A three-day weekend! Yay! I get to go work with my amazing family on the coast, and I'm going to read and eat good food and NOT DO HOMEWORK. Because, ugh. Can you believe it's almost the end of the school year? Can you believe I've almost completed my second year of college? I sure as hell can't. So over the past two days, I read The Elite by Kiera Cass, the sequel to The Selection.

16248068
Retrieved from Goodreads
35 girls arrived at the palace to compete for Prince Maxon's hand in marriage. Only 6 remain. Up till this point, America was the clear favorite. But now she's having doubts about Maxon, and her own ability to be a princess. And Aspen guarding her door at night isn't helping matters. He's the foil to Maxon, always there, always steady, and not the future king. Meanwhile the competition with the remaining girls is heating up, and America might not be the favorite for much longer.

I absolutely loved The Selection. For a while there I wasn't sure what to make of the world, but I soon fell in love with the Hunger Games/Bachelor story. I love competitions like this - they are so wrong, but so fun to read. I missed that in this book. There were fewer competitions, probably because there are only 6 girls left. What interested me the most was how these remaining girls weren't at each other's throats. I mean, they're all dating the same guy, and they argue and know they're competing. I loved America's relationship with Kriss. It was my favorite part of the book. I am looking forward to The One, the final novel in this trilogy. Pleeeeease more competitions! I'm greedy.

Goodreads Rating: 3 stars
Next up: Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza

No comments:

Post a Comment