Monday, April 1, 2013

Scarlet

I was wary when I picked up Cinder by Marissa Meyer. I ended up loving the book. So yesterday when I received a copy of the sequel, Scarlet, I dove right in. It helped that I have a horrible cold that makes me useless for anything besides mindless tasks. Today I finished it off in between the start of my new quarter of classes.


13206760
Retrieved from Goodreads
Cinder is in prison as a traitor, a Lunar, and a cyborg. Emperor Kai hates her, Queen Levana from Luna hates her for being the princess of her nation, and she needs to escape. In her attempt she picks up a slightly dim but fun thief named Thorne who has a penchant for beautiful women and a shocking lack of intuition. At the same time Scarlet is in the south of France, desperately trying to find her grandmother who was kidnapped three weeks ago. All of a sudden she has a helper - Wolf, a guy with...well... wolfish qualities. He knows where to find her grandmother, and helps her along the way, dodging Leutomosis outbreaks and crazed brothers. Together, these two young women hold the hope of a future Queen Levana wants to destroy.

I have one thing to say to miss Meyer: WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING; YOU'RE SO CRUEL!!!! I can't believe I have to wait a year for the next book. Seriously, this book was that good I was mad when it was over. Not because there was a dramatic cliffhanger or anything, I just fell in love with the characters. Definitely definitely not a sophomore slump. There were revelations, excitement, betrayal, new love. Seriously packed a punch. I want Cress. NOW.

Goodreads Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment