Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Prodigy

Yesterday I went to my university book store to pick up my course books. All of the credit card machines were down, so I decided to wait it out for a while to see if they started working. I got Prodigy by Marie Lu (long story as to how using that credit card machine worked out) and started reading. I finished it this afternoon.

13414446
Retrieved from Goodreads
Day and June have escaped from Los Angeles and are headed towards Vegas to find the rebel group, the Patriots. They join up with the Patriots just as the old Elector dies, leaving his barely-twenty son as his successor. June and Day's first assignment with the Patriots? Assassinate the new Elector, Anden. June and Day are almost immediately separated, June to pretend she escaped from the Patriots to get in good with Anden, and Day to getting into position to do the actual killing. But everything is not as it seems. June's convictions about helping the Republic collapse are shaken by how genuine Anden is. Day is also conflicted by meeting up with his old street friend Tess, and his hatred of the Republic but love for June.

OH MY GOD SUCH A GOOD SEQUEL TO LEGEND. Ahem. I mean, a lovely story with nonstop action and very good world building and character development. A gentle love square, real problems between the two main love interests, and addresses real issues as to why this dystopian society needs to be helped or destroyed. I read this book in two sittings because I had to sleep and maybe sorta actually do some reading for school. I finished it as soon as I got back from class today. NEXT ONE PLEASE, MS. LU!

Goodreads Rating: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment