Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Brain vs. Sleep

The last four books I have read were dystopian. I have also started reading Sapphique, another dystopian. So the fact that my brain woke me up from a truly horrible dream this morning makes a bit of sense. That my brain (against my will, mind you) immediately started developing the horrible villain from said dream into the antagonist for a historical fantasy novel set in an alternate WWII history, makes a little less sense.

And, honestly, I wish I could have just gone back to sleep. I was so tired. My body has taken a pummeling from being sick for over a week, and I had a hard time getting to sleep last night because of a panic attack. And, sadly, I haven't had time to write in months. Origins is sitting on my computer, begging me every day to be worked on. And I have to tell it "I'm sorry, I have class/homework/internship/job maybe tomorrow." So to have a new idea for a book, while awesome, just made me sad today. I would rather have kept on sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment