Saturday, March 30, 2013

Under the Never Sky

It's taken me a few tries to start this book, but a long flight to Philadelphia and the even longer flight back to Washington helped me. What was I doing in Philadelphia? I was visiting my best friend. I got to see snow, sunshine, downtown Philadelphia, and some classes that made no sense to me because they were high level mathematics. It was awesome. But I digress.

10756656
Retrieved from Goodreads
Aria has spent seventeen years travelling the Realms - virtual worlds accessed through a Smarteye where she can experience all five senses, adventures, all without the possibility of being hurt. She's happy, content. But she also wants to know what's happened to her scientist mother, who went to Bliss pod of Reverie and hasn't contacted her. Events transpire, and she's left to die in the "Death Shop" - the outside world where Aether storms kill and tribes of Savages have developed heightened senses. She meets Perry, a Scire and Seer, who wants to rescue his nephew Talon, who was captured by Reverie. They strike a deal to help each other and travel together, along the way discovering secrets about themselves, and their two worlds.

I was a little wary of this book at first. Much like the market, I'm a little dystopian-ed out. Sure, I love a good dystopian, but when I heard about the idea of the pods, my mind jumped straight to Logan's Run. But this book turned out to be seriously cool. I loved reading from Perry's POV, with his senses giving him insights into peoples' minds. And Aria, who starts off fearing everything about the Death Shop, but comes to love it. Would recommend. Will definitely read the sequel.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment