Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Eyes Like Stars

Last weekend I ran away to San Francisco for a few days. I have mentioned several times that I love travelling. Well, here you go. Spontaneous trip over the Valentine's and Presidents' Day weekend. I walked the Golden Gate Bridge, strolled the Wharf, stood beneath the pillars of the Palace of Fine Arts. And I read.


3817859
Retrieved from Goodreads
Beatrice Shakespeare Smith has always had a way with words. And a way of getting into trouble. And no recollection of how she came to live at the Illuminata Theatre. Accompanied by four fairies from Midsummer Night's Dream, she calls magical scene changes and interacts with all the play actors ever written. But when the Theater Manager threatens to throw her out of the only home she's ever known, Beatrice must find a way to make herself invaluable. The fairies, a loyal pirate Nate, and the elemental Ariel provide the cast of characters as Beatrice tries to save her home and find out who she is.

It took me a long time to get into the swing of this book. I picked it up on several occasions, but the style was so funky I couldn't get into it. But a delayed flight later, and an inability to sleep, I did it. And yay! It was great! The dialogue was incredibly snappy and messing around with age old play characters I know and love was AMAZING. Seeing Hamlet in real life as the whiny idiot he was. How Ophelia reacts to having to drown herself every night. You should read it. Really.

Goodreads Rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment