Friday, January 18, 2013

In Which I Make A Confession

I do not find music inspiring. I know a lot of people have a playlist for every book they've written, and listen to music when they're blocked. I have never been able to do that. When it comes down to it, my writing always happens when I'm alone and it's quiet. A song can convey a lot of emotions, don't get me wrong, but I have never associated  my characters or stories with one.

What do I find inspiring, especially when I'm blocked? Reading. Watching a show with amazing dialogue or setting. It jumpstarts my imagination and gets me back in that writing world where everything is crisp and clear and anything is impossible.

So, that's me. I don't journal and I don't listen to music when I'm writing. What about you?

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Came over here to see if you'd responded to Seabrooke's blog hop too, but saw this first. I actually did a post about this too- its funny we've both noticed this so much.

    I can't write to music (silence is best), and I don't have songs or anything that I think of for each book, BUT I kind of wish I did. I think it's cool. So I made a playlist after the fact for my MCs b/c I think its fun, but I don't feel particularly inspired by it - its just for fun.

    ReplyDelete