Monday, January 14, 2013

ABNA

Last night at midnight the submissions period for the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest began. For those of you who don't know what this competition is, basically you submit a pitch of your book, an excerpt, and the entire thing. Through a series of rounds contestants will be eliminated based on one of those items. If you get far enough your entire book will be read.

The winner gets a $50,000 advance and a book deal. And it is hard to win.

Last year I made it to the second round with Griffin's Song. When it came time to get my reviews from the experts both were very positive. But I still didn't make it to the next round. The main problem? Pacing.

So this year, since I don't have much time to write, I am going to do another sweep of revisions on Griffin's Song and submit her again. I don't think my other three books are ready to be seen. I highly encourage you to submit your manuscript - it's tons of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment