Monday, December 31, 2012

The Power of Six

The first day of my winter break I read I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. Well, I just polished off the sequel The Power of Six. I think the length of time between this and my last post should speak for my opinion of it. But more on that soon.


8659601
Retrieved from Goodreads
Number Four, going by John Smith has now teamed up with Number Six and his best friend, a human named Sam. Together they evade the evil Mogadorians and...well yeah. There's some tension between the three because both guys like Six. Meanwhile Number Seven aka Marina is trapped in a convent in Santa Teresa with her depressed guardian Adelina who's converted to Christianity and doesn't believe in the path of Lorien anymore. Marina is trying to survive and train herself while being incredibly bored.

While still an awesome premise, I was disappointed with the lack of character development. None of the characters changed. And to be honest, for all the action scenes and fighting and hundreds of Mogs being killed, I didn't feel like a lot happened. I was seriously intrigued by the idea of Adelina's conversion but it was never evolved past the first two chapters. Because I like the premise I'll read the next one but I'm sad it took me five days to read this book when I normally breeze through them.

Goodreads Rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment