Tuesday, December 11, 2012

I Am Number Four

So this summer I picked up what I thought was a copy of I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. What it actually was, was The Lost Files, a companion book. Woops. Well I finally bought a copy of the real I Am Number Four, and I finished it off today.

It was really good.


7747374
Retrieved from Goodreads
Four is from Lorien, planet much like earth, except the people are like the ones humans idolize in superhero films. And their planet is dead now, destroyed by the Mogadorians. Now 9 Loriens are on Earth, each with a protector, a Cepan, hiding from the Mogadorians. Three have been killed, and Four is next. He and his Cepan Henri hide out in Paradise, Ohio, waiting for Four (aka John) to develop his powers. In the meantime he hides his identity from his friends, the first friends he's ever had. Sam Goode, who's obsessed with conspiracy theories, and Sarah Hart, the most beautiful, kind girl in school and ex-girlfriend of Mark, who hates John. All of them are about to be swept into an extraterrestrial war, and most of them don't even know it.

I started this book yesterday. My classes are over and already I was finding myself at loose ends. So I read, and greatly enjoyed, I Am Number Four. It has some pretty cool powers and a good pace. A few things were less of a shock since I'd accidentally read The Lost Files. But I would definitely recommend this book.

Goodreads Rating: 4 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment