Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Taking the Mickey Out of Your Brain

I am an English major. I was accepted into the program a couple weeks ago. I am also a history major though I haven't applied yet. Most of my days are spent reading and writing, for class and out of class. My typical day includes reading the blogging news, reading the news, working on last minute homework assignments, writing papers, reading hundreds of pages of history, this month I'm working on NaNo, while in other months I work on my Rest-of-the-Year book. I go to class and write down notes. I then type those notes into the computer.

By the end of the day my mind is so clogged with writing and reading I can't imagine doing any more. But I do. Not as fast as this summer, but I work my way through books. The thing is, even though I've clogged my brain with writing and reading, I still love it. I'm looking into internships at publishing houses or online journals, or any place that could get my foot in the market.

It just means I'm so tired by the end of the day that I barely have any energy. Did I mention I'm thinking of taking five classes next quarter? Yeah, maybe I should be locked up.

How does reading/writing factor into your everyday life?

No comments:

Post a Comment