Monday, November 12, 2012

Incarceron

As you might have noticed, I have not had time to read this past month. School and clubs have taken up entirely too much of my time. But this weekend, on a kind of vacation, I finally found the time. Sure, should I have been focusing on my history paper worth a third of my grade? Of course. But I needed a break from school. So I read Incarceron.


6727322
Retrieved from Goodreads
Incarceron follows both Finn and Claudia in the Prison and the Realm. Finn doesn't remember his childhood, just waking up in the giant labyrinth of the Prison which was sealed against incomers hundreds of years ago. He is a thief, and a Starseer. One of the Wise Ones believes he will help them to escape the Prison which is both jailer and provider. Claudia is the daughter of the Prison Warden, doomed to the games of the court which lives under Protocol. Nothing ever changes or is allowed to progress. The two meet through discovering identical crystal keys. Together, they might just both Escape.

This was a nice hefty book that satisfied my need for pleasure reading. The Prison was very creepy and Protocol which made everything like the Victorian era was very cool, especially since it was all computer generated. I could have done with a bit more character development, but the setting made up for that. I would definitely recommend this book.

Goodreads Rating: 3 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment