Monday, November 5, 2012

NaNo Update

As some of you may recall, last year I completed NaNoWriMo in 10 days. I wrote the sequel to my first novel, and titled it Wind Chaser. I have a soft spot in my heart for that book. It's where my first heroine grew up and achieved her dreams. But it's a bad book. Because it's a NaNo book, and NaNo books aren't supposed to be good, they're simply supposed to be.

This year I'm taking things more slowly. I've stuck pretty close to the average words per day that is suggested. Why? Well, because this year I am much busier than last year, what with horseback riding and classes and life in general.

Speaking of life, I got a ribbon at my first sanctioned horse show! Yippee!! Reading for pleasure has basically stopped, but I still gaze longingly at those books on the shelf and tell myself "maybe tomorrow."

Hope your NaNoing is going well!

Today's goal: 8333 words

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the ribbon! Good luck with NaNo - sounds like you've got a nice approach for this year.

    ReplyDelete