Friday, November 30, 2012

Na FINISHED NoWriMo

I have a very busy week ahead of me what with it being Hell Week and all. This includes a busy weekend, so I decided to grit my teeth, knuckle down, and finish NaNo. I had five thousand words to write in order to finish. I've certainly written more in a day, but I've been incredibly busy with school and it's been hard even to do the minimum for each day.

But, I did it. I sat at my computer with my legs propped up on my mini-bed and I wrote and wrote until I wrote The End.

Saddle Sore is a terrible book, as I've said in previous posts. But she's my fourth novel, and I can't believe that. I am still a teenager, though precariously perched on that edge, and I have written four books. And I am going to start working on my fifth over winter break. First I need to rest my hands a bit. As you can imagine, they're rather sore.

And so, I finally can tell ya'll about Saddle Sore.

Nikki has many interests, from her many clubs, to spending time with her friends (of which she has many), and getting over her parents' deaths. It's on a whim that she goes on a horseback ride with family friends while on vacation in Colorado. Instantly she's hooked, and decides to add horseback riding lessons to her ever-growing list of things to do. But as she gets more and more invested in horseback riding, things in the rest of her life start to slip to the background. And Grant, who works at her new family's ranch, begins to jostle for position. He introduces her to barrel racing, and she falls in love in more ways than one.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! You are AWESOME. Four novels is nothing to sneeze at, but especially to have done before you're 20. I wish I'd had such drive and direction when I was that age.

    Saddle Sore sounds like a fun story (even if the draft itself needs some work). :) It's funny there aren't more books with horses as central pieces... Is it because of a worry they've become cliched/stigma'd for teen girls or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Congrats - the story sounds like a fun premise.

    ReplyDelete