Tuesday, November 27, 2012

It's Nov. 27th, and so it is time to rush

Have I mentioned how busy my life is? Here's what I've got going right now: Making a resume so I can apply to internships, a full class schedule, lots of history reading, writing poetry that's supposed to be profound, meetings, horseback riding lessons, keeping my room livable, keeping up to date on personal reading, and attempting to have a social life. And writing my fourth book. That's really what this post is about, trying to fit writing into a college student's calendar.

Last year I had it easier. I wasn't part of any clubs, I had a light schedule that fall and so was able to complete NaNoWriMo with ease. This year it's been harder. I've travelled, been much more socially active, and my schedule is as full as last winter when I had a minor break down and decided it was smart to take two upper level history classes at the same time. So, suffice it to say, keeping on track with NaNo has been difficult.

Here's how I do it: I write really late at night, pushing the midnight deadline for word count. As any college student, I like deadlines. They allow me to procrastinate and then rush forward when the deadline approaches. So most of my writing takes place at night. I also forego certain social activities so I can have some down time. Because life is exhausting.

I've very much enjoyed NaNo this year, but I'll be happy to start on Origins come December 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment